Next to your home, your automobile is often the most expensive piece of property you own. As a result, it is important to seek the best value when buying your insurance. To ensure that you have the proper protection, there are a number of ways that you can reduce the cost of your auto insurance premiums while obtaining the coverage that you need including:
Choosing higher deductibles for Collision and Comprehensive coverage is an easy and cost effective way to lower your auto insurance bill. In many cases, the premium savings realized by switching to a higher deductible may be enough to offset the cost difference of an increased deductible in just a few years.
• Multi-policy – You could save up to 30% by insuring your auto, home, and life with ERIE, you will receive a discount on your auto premium as well as your homeowners insurance premium.
• Multi-car – If you insure two or more cars with ERIE and they are owned and used by the individual and/or relatives living in the same house, you receive a discount.
Good drivers who have no accident or violation history receive the most competitive rates, but there are other factors that can reduce your premiums even further including:
• Age 55 & over – Cars driven primarily by an insured who is 55 and over receive a discount on the Bodily Injury, Property Damage, Medical Payments, Personal Injury Protection, Comprehensive and Collision premiums.
Although this is not a premium discount, this program saves you money by guaranteeing not to raise your auto premium by a surcharge under the following circumstances:
• First Accident Forgiveness Plan – The ERIE will not surcharge an auto policy written through the ERIE Insurance Exchange in the event of a first "at-fault" accident.*
• Feature 15 – After an auto policy has been continuously in force for 15 consecutive years with The ERIE, you never will be surcharged for an "at-fault" accident again.*
You can save even more money on your auto insurance by choosing a vehicle with the following safety equipment:
• Passive restraints - If your vehicle is equipped with factory-installed automatic seat belts or air bags, you will receive a discount on the Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection portion of your premiums.
• Anti-Theft devices – You may receive a discount on the Comprehensive portion of your premium if your vehicle has active or passive anti-theft devices. • Anti-Lock brakes – Vehicles with factory installed anti-lock brake systems on all four wheels are eligible for this discount that applies to the Bodily Injury and Property Damage coverages.